Hattie: Tomorrow 'ART08' comes to an end as the remaining few; James, Anna and Amy leave me to go on to their various destinations. Amy returns to the UK and James & Anna go to Namibia, Uganda and Oman. I am driving back to Zimbabwe in the morning to my new home, Bulawayo. On Monday I start a new job coordinating DFID's health education programme for an NGO. I am excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into a new challenge.
Currently we are in Botswana and have spent an amazing and super hot week in the salt pans. I am running around today trying to stock up on food and supplies for my return to Zim. There is a lot to buy since the shelves in Zim are bare and any food there is available is unbelievably expensive- $129 for a bottle of squash!!
Hopefully I will be able to arrange some sort of internet in Zim, the internet cafe I found was $120, so obviously I couldn't use it! But if I find somewhere I will be updating this blog more regularly and hopefully be able to stay in touch with you all better than I have been.
Lots of love to you all
xxx
1 comment:
Hattie that new job sounds amazing! I am so happy for you! WHe did you get that and how?! I obviously have not been keeping up with things as they stand with you! I am truly happy for you that you are making a new home and have had a beautiful adventure before getting stuck into something a bit meaty and engaging! Congratulations and God bless you further in all that you do out there!
WHere are you living - do you have a home at all? Staying with Oria? Please send my love and a huge hug!
Post a Comment